DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Peacehaven Covid 19 Mutual Aid.
Intro: We are not affiliated or linked to any religious, political or for-profit organisation. We do receive guidance and advice where needed and requested by us from Lewes District Council, East Sussex County Council, 3VA and tactical planners.
We are validated and authorised as THE mutual aid group for Peacehaven and surroundings. We can be validated by contacting Peacehaven Mayor's Office (marketingassistent @ peacehaventowncouncil.gov.uk , Lewes District Council Leader Zoe Nicholson & Lewes District Tactical planner Emily O'Brien
We were one of the first Mutual Aid groups in the country: www.covidmutualaid.org/local-groups
1. Your personal data – what is it? Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we? Peacehaven Covid 19 Mutual Aid is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data? The Peacehaven Covid 19 Mutual Aid complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use your personal data for the following purposes: - • To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in Peacehaven and surrounding areas; • To fundraise and promote the interests of the group; • To manage our volunteers; • To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of donations); • To inform you of news, events, activities running at Peacehaven Covid 19 Mutual Aid where and when applicable;
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data? • Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and process your donations. • Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
5. Sharing your personal data Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will NEVER share your data with third parties without your explicit consent and we don’t envisage ever asking for this.
6. How long do we keep your personal data1 ? We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out by the Information Commissioners Office: Specifically, we retain data while it is still current; and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate;
7. Your rights and your personal data Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: - • The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Peacehaven Covid 19 Mutual Aid, Peacehaven holds about you; • The right to request that the Peacehaven Covid 19 Mutual Aid corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date; • The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Peacehaven Covid 19 Mutual Aid to retain such data; • The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time • The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (where applicable). • The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing; • The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) • The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will always seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Peacehaven Covid 19 Mutual Aid on admin @ peacehavencovidmutualaid.uk . You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.